- Please review the informational DVD/VHS that was given to you at your appointment. Write down any question that you may want to ask your physician.
- You will need to see a Pain psychologist before the prior authorization process can begin. Insurance companies require for two specific tests to be done (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory II and Multidimensional Pain Inventory).
- The psychological evaluation will be reviewed once it has been received.
- After the review, your office notes, operative reports and the psychological evaluation will be submitted to your insurance company for prior authorization.
- Once the authorization has been received you will be contacted to set up the trial and post operative appointments.
- If the trial has 50% or greater of pain relief then the prior authorization process for the implant will be submitted. This could take another four weeks to obtain authorization.
- Implant will be scheduled once the authorization has been received.
- Once authorization has been received for the permanent placement you will need to set up a Pre – operative visit with your primary care physician, and you will also need to have blood work. Please make sure to let the office know if you have a history of heart problems as you will need to have an EKG prior to having the surgery.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR PROCEDURE, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:
♦ Take all blood pressure pills & heart medications prior to the procedure with a sip of water at least 3 hours before your requested arrival time. Your vitals must be stable to have the procedure.
♦ Have a responsible person to take you home.
♦ Arrive at the requested procedure time. Please do not be late or your procedure may be cancelled.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR PROCEDURE:
♦ Do not take ANY of the following 5 days before your procedure: Coumadin
♦ Do not take ANY of the following 7 days before your procedure: Plavix
♦ Coumadin must be stopped prior to the injection. You must have a normal INR prior to the injection. Do not stop the drug by yourself.
♦ Eat or drink 6 hours before the procedure.
NOTE: YOUR PROCEDURE WILL BE CANCELLED IF:
- You have an active infection, flu, cold, fever, or very high blood pressure.
- You do not have a responsible driver to take you home, arrive late for your procedure, or unable to follow the medication / fluid restrictions.
Call the office at (513) 860-1039 for procedure related questions.